A short film documentary by Thanasis Neofotistos
& his visit to grandfather, grandmother and their memories.
A very personal journey to my hometown, "Pogoniskos", a Greek village in Epirus. Stories about war, but also about fairies and men. My companion on this is my boyfriend. Without a purpose and without an end; my grandfather as the narrator, while my grandmother took care of me. Their return to their roots was a unique self-knowledge journey for me!
TITLE: POGONISKOS | ΠΩΓΩΝΙΣΚΟΣ
GENRE: Documentary Short Film
RUNTIME: 11 min
FORMAT: HD | 16:9 | 25fps | Digital File | Stereo
COUNTRY: Greece (Greek)
• BEST DOCUMENTARY AWARD, at 38th DRAMA International Short Film Festival, Greece 2015.
• ATHENS, 21st IFF, OS, Greece 2015.
• CONCORTO 15th IFF OS, Italy 2016.
• DOCUTIFF, 3rd IFF OS, Tirana 2016.
• BALKAN Beyond Borders Docs, IFF OS, 2016.
• BARCELONA Planet, IFF OS, Barcelona 2016.
• BERLIN Film Box, IFF OS, Germany 2016.
• SABC Ekurhuleni, IFF OS, South Africa 2016.
• BALKAN Film Food Festival, IFF OS, Pogradec 16.
• PELOPONNISOS Documentary, IFF OS, 2016.
• JEHLUM, IFF OS, Pakistan 2016.
• ART FOOLS, NFF OS, Larissa 2016.
• SAN FRANCISCO, IGFF OS, USA 2016.
• CALIFORINIA INDIE IDD OS, USA 2017.
"The reason for the 'Pogoniskos' was to keep my grandparents (*my mom's parents) in my memory. I didn't know them well, as they stayed for a long time in a north village of Epirus, Pogoniskos, at the Greek borders. On this journey, I remembered my childhood summers that I lived there, I learned the characteristics of my family and I realized how important it was for me to have this experience, as a gay person in a very conservative family. When I saw the result of my project, I felt that I wanted to communicate with the audience: I was glad my grandparents were loved for their authenticity, their humor and their personality."
"Supreme tenderness, emotions & humor!"